Northwest Sedation Dentistry is conveniently located in the Portland area!
Sedation dentistry makes your dental care more comfortable and helps you cope with fear. No matter what the challenge, we can provide the solution to any of your dental needs.
Outstanding results for autistic patients, dementia patients and of course those with high anxiety.
Procedures are safe and effective.
Nitrous oxide gas is administered via a mask placed over the patients nose. This form of sedation dentistry has few side effects and recovery time is minimal.
Prescription medication is administered prior to procedure. Patient needs to be accompanied to and from the dentist due to side effects.
This form of sedation dentistry is like general anesthesia, administered intravenously (in your vein). Suited for high anxiety. Acts quickly. The patient is completely unconscious during procedure.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Reduce dental anxiety and fear of future dental treatments.
- Little to no memory (amnesia) of the dental procedure (with IV sedation and sometimes with oral sedation).
- Completion of most or all of dental treatment in one visit instead of multiple visits.
- Improved post-operative pain management since stronger medicines can be given during the procedure.
- Patient relaxation and increased comfort.
- Removes need for patient cooperation for special needs patients.